Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dad meets Girl

Hana and I met Isaac's girlfriend today. This is a girl that he, apparently, has been dating since December. He's never "taken her out" but she has got him getting up before noon on a Saturday to play tennis with her while her little brother is across the street playing baseball.

So we figured it was time that we met this young lady who stole my son's heart. Sheila was off with Preston and Nijal at a school program and I stayed home with Josh since he won't sit still for any of that sort of stuff. Before she left I asked Sheila where Isaac was and she said that he was playing tennis again with his girl.

PERFECT!

I finished feeding Josh and finished my own plate and me and Hana took a walk with Josh down to the park. This was going to be fun.

Isaac saw, or heard, us coming and called out to "Joshie". So this was a good sign. No embarrassment, not yet at least. I would see what I could do to remedy that.

Isaac and his young lady were on one court and a court at the other end had two old guys playing, so I refrained from turning Josh loose to just run. We chatted a little with Isaac and forced him to introduce us to his "friend". All was well. She seemed nice and I was happy for him.

As I was leaving I hollered over my shoulder, "Isaac?"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"I wouldn't stay out too long. Mom finished cooking dinner and you know how much she just loves barbecued cat so there might not be much left if you don't come home soon."

His quick-witted response, "I hope she used the kittens this time. You know how tough they get when they get old. You can't hardly chew them."

That's my boy.

Heh heh.

3 comments:

Anne said...

man, i wish i could think that fast.

AM Kingsfield said...

I'd have loved to have seen the girlfriend's face.

kimmyk said...

ha, poor kitty.

isn't it fun meeting the gf? yeah not so much.

i'm just kidding. i can't wait for jamie to meet abbie's bf when she gets one...that's gonna be a hoot.