Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On our way

Well, Grandaddy passed away Monday evening and from what others were saying, he was ready to go.

So Hana and Preston and I are on our way to Texas. Should be there tomorrow evening. I was in Racine, WI when I got the news, but it wasn't that much of a shock by the. Mom had called earlier in the day as I was driving through Chicago that she had received word his blood pressure was dropping and he was non-responsive. So we knew that his time was very short. I was sitting in a Petro eating dinner when I got the call.

I knew I couldn't handle the Chicago traffic and didn't really want to at that point, so I went to bed there in Racine.I left there this morning about 6 and got home about 330. Sheila knew I was leaving pretty soon and so everyone was packed. So by 5 I was back on the road heading south. I knew I wouldn't make it all the way and with Hana and Preston both with me I probably would not be sleeping in the car. We made it another couple hundred miles for the day and I hung it up here in Florence, Kentucky. We've got about 950 miles to go tomorrow which shouldn't present to many problems.

The viewing is Thursday evening and then the funeral is Friday morning with the graveside service at 2pm. I really would like to thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. We are doing okay so far.

4 comments:

Mom said...

blessings to you and your family. Give your mom and dad a hug from Maryland.

Unknown said...

Prayers and thoughts from Washington for a safe journey for you and your children, and the peaceful, joyful journey of your Grandfather to our heavenly Father's welcoming arms.

just me said...

May his memory be a blessing to you and your family.

(friend of Mom's)

Anne said...

Sorry, I was on vacation last week and am just now reading your news. Blessings to you.