Friday, May 23, 2008

Quotes

Just some thoughts I came across.

"One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us."---Kurt Vonnegut

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."---Bertrand Russell


"If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect."---Ted Turner

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."---Henny Youngman

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."---Douglas Adams

"To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than three men, two of whom are absent."---Robert Copeland

"I'm not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I've noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."---Bethania McKenstry

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great. Quotes in this vein always remind me of my dad and his love of Mark Twain and his quotes.
Hope you have a spectacular weekend!

Mom said...

Unlike Ted Turner I have plenty of humility. My humility is one of the things I am proudest of.

Anne said...

mom, you crack me up!