Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday, In the park

It's Saturday afternoon, snowing heavily outside, (of course it wouldn't be snowing heavily inside and if it were I would have a lot more problems than life has already thrown at me) my wife and the two oldest are off in town and I think are on their way home as we speak. I have moved all my music around, stolen some from hotplate's blog, loaded it on my phone so I can listen since my 8-track deck still isn't working in my truck, read through some of the posts on my Google-Reader that I've missed this week since my kids wouldn't let me on the computer, made my various and normally humorous comments, wondered if that's really how you spell kanipshen, took the two youngest and a friend of my son's who is here for the weekend to the recently rebuilt McD's in town for breakfast cause Preston wanted scrambled eggs and I hate making them, oohed and aahed over the modern decor that McD's has gone with here in Mayberry, called my wife to make sure that she was okay and remind her to drive carefully on the way home, got back home and started reading blogs again, made Isaac put the clean dishes away, checked the weather, put on another pair of socks, told the kids to turn it down, snickered over Julie's husband and their tree, checked the weather, called my wife, told the kids to turn it down, wished I was where Craig and Diane were, called my wife, checked the weather, moved some music, rejoiced in the fact that my freight is all in a box and doesn't have to be chained down, burned (or AM burning) a DVD, talked to the local Jehovah's witness that knocked on the door, wondered if Tracy made those videos herself, found out they don't celebrate christmas, asked them if that means they don't drink coffee, had to explain my humor...again..., wondered about greeny's pole dancing skills, tried to keep playing my Play-Station while the JW's were talking, thought, "Hey, my kids use that word all the time.", walked them to the door, said goodbye, wished them a Merry Christmas, went back to the blogging, wondered if I would ever use this word in a sentence, thought about Mark's dad, called my folks, told Preston that if he wanted anything for dinner before mom got home he could have anything from the litter box that he wanted, got the two young ones to help me with the dishes, picked up the dining room and the living room, started another DVD since the first one finished, and wrote this blog. Time for a drink. What! My margarita bottle is empty and gone. Oh yeah, now I remember. WOOT! That was a fun night. I wonder if Sheila's passed the liquor store yet?


PRESTON!! Get outta the litter box!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, an eight-track?!
And I wonder about them too.

Funny post! Everyone arrived home safe?
Did you find an alternative drink?

Anne said...

Great post, got a lot done, sounds like. Maybe I should move my butt and do some laundry.

MarkEC said...

I miss those 8-track days... singing along..music fades...clunk...music returns. Cannot get my IPod to simulate that yet! :-) Thanks for the thoughts about my dad!