Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for all the good ideas. I really appreciate it all. I must say, I was in a fairly bad mood that morning but things are better now. Still the same as far as hecticness goes but I've got a better attitude.

I have taken all of your suggestions to heart. I ordered her a little something that I can't tell you about right now because she sometimes reads this blog but I think she'll like it and I'll let you know about it later. Next week maybe.

I have also thought about what Dan said. "Fatherhood is sexy". Never thought of it that way but now that I think about it she really enjoys it when I do something special for the kids, not just for her.

We could both stand to walk more, her knee is better now, and even though it's not the best weather for walking, that's something that we need to do. Seems like that's the only way we're gonna get any quiet time is to get out of the house. It's too cold to get hot and heavy in the park so you probably won't read about us in the news anytime soon.

Which reminds me. We went to counseling a few years ago and the counselor recommended we strengthen our marriage by finding ways to be intimate without engaging in sex. He said we would talk about it every week and see how it was going. The first week he asked how things went and we said it wasn't too bad, and te second week was pretty much the same. The third and fourth weeks were a little harder we told him but we had discovered some new things about each other. The fifth week without sex we went into see him and he asked how things were going.

I said, "We failed. We couldn't help ourselves."

He said, "Tell me what happened."

I said, "You know, we talked about the fact that she's been wanting to do some painting around the house and She thinks it sexy when I help her with things like that. Well, we decided to paint the living room and the kids were out of town for the weekend at the grandparents so we could get the painting done without any interruption. She bent over to pick up a can of paint and I just couldn't help myself. I had to have her right then."

He was pretty disappointed and he said,"It doesn't sound like you two are serious about this therapy. If you can only go five weeks then maybe you should try some other therapy and not come back here."

I said,"That's ok. We're not aloud back into Home Depot anymore either."

3 comments:

Mom said...

Now you sound like John. Glad the mood has lightened some.

Unknown said...

Perfect!
Glad you're feeling more like yourself!

Still, good luck with the mission. Heehee

MarkEC said...

I always wondered what it would take to be banned from a Home Depot. Thanks for the chortle! (couldn't use snort-laugh.. would be plagery) :-)