Saturday, August 2, 2008

Earlier

I noticed on an earlier post of mine that Dant made a comment about a song that I was listening to and that he felt it wasn't a "One Hit Wonder". I responded with the fact that I am not very familiar with individuals names as much as I am the names of bands themselves. Then I got to looking and it seems that we were both confused. Dant thought I was talking about the song "All She Wants to do is Dance" by Don Henley, as he pointed out a core founding member of The Eagles. When in reality I was talking about the song "All she wants to do is Dance" written by Melvin Hammerschlein and sung by his group Melvin and the Hammers. Yes, I know. It's hard to believe that there is such a group, and it's true that they are very obscure. So obscure in fact that one needs an extremely strong search engine to find anything about them on the internet. Google won't do it. I recently had to hack into the Cray12 that is used by the NSA in order to find the last album art work that they did for the album "koalas and crayfish, love em and eat em".

Their music is mostly New Age Alternative Polka music and their origins of Latvia really show through in their use of tubas and glockenspiels. Amazing style, though. Give them a try, if you can find them.

I went to the pool today. It was a nice day, not too hot, and I figured since I hadn't gone all summer today was as good a day as any. I did notice that I needed to tan a little more when a lifegaurd told me that white t-shirts were not allowed to be worn in the pool.

"I'm not wearing a shirt", I said.

"Really?"

"Really"

"Oh. Okay. Sorry."

Maybe I should buy that tan in a bottle stuff. And some guy named Quiquay or something kept following me around the pool.

Worked on my check book today and got that all straightened out. Then I had to borrow two Vicodin from my wife after that was over. Whew! That wasn't pretty. We can't keep a checkbook to save our lives. Maybe one day before we die we'll have it all straightened out. In the meantime, I'll just continue to live life on the edge.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat as you on the checkbook keeping. I'm considering letting my daughter take over since she and my son both make straight A's in all math...

Mom said...

Maybe you should wear a tan shirt in the pool.

kimmyk said...

lol @ the lifeguard.

shoulda held him under..no one would blame you.

MarkEC said...

Nice post... I haven't heard tubas and glockenspiels playing that well together since Telly Savalas used them as back up in his album "Who Loves Ya, Baby?" Still haunts me to this day! ;-)

Good luck with the checkbook.. I use Quicken and am usually within a few hundred dollars most months. ;-)

Anne said...

lol

I haven't balanced my checkbook since august, 2007.

AM Kingsfield said...

On the edge with Vicodin, glockenspiels, and and bronzer is right where I'd expect to find you!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of Jesse Cook? He is my latest pick for summer tunes...

balance a check book? ha! It has never balanced since I tried 30 years ago. Always off...like the bookkeeper.