Monday, July 28, 2008

WOOHOO!!

I had a short run last week and was back home on Tuesday morning. My truck was due for it's 10,000 mile service job and so right after I got back to the shop the boss told me to run it over to the mechanics and he'd pick me up. Other than the lube, oil and filters, all it needed was a bracket replaced or repaired under the drivers seat so it would quit tilting to the right whenever I made a hard left turn, and the 2 month old radio was acting up. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes the buttons on the front would not work until it got warm and sometimes it would just flash on and off without touching it. Seemed possessed to me.

I picked the truck up Friday from the mechanic and my seat was fixed and lo and behold there was a brand new Sony CD player in my dash. And then I looked closer. No! It can't be! Don't tell me it's true! What's that hole there on the right corner. Why, it's an auxiliary jack. WOOHOO! I can plug my Ipod into the radio now and I don't have to wear earphones. That is way too cool! It sounds soooo good! I was listening to my "One Hit Wonders" today. One night in Bangkok, The Night Chicago Died, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, One Tin Soldier, Werewolves of London, Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye. Sweet City Woman. Does that take you back?

Who says life has no soundtrack?! Mine does!

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

yeah for modern technology!

i still need to get an ipod. dont have one around these parts.

interesting visual you sliding sideways when you made left turns. didja have to hold onto the steering wheel? lol!

Anonymous said...

Cha-CHING, you hit the jackpot with the extra jack...isn't that amazing! Talk about being blessed...God knew how his his grace in that little tiny extra plug-in could make you one happy trucker,,,yup, yesiree, you are one blessed dude.

Amen brother!

AM Kingsfield said...

I love One Tin Soldier! It reminds me of Run Joey Run.

Dtodd said...

All She Wants to Do Is Dance?
by Don Henley?
How can he be a one hit wonder? He's a core/founding member of the Eagles and also had several other solo hits such as "The End of the Innocence", "Boys of Summer", etc.
No arguments with the others though.

Unknown said...

Some people have all the luck!
An iPod AND a plug in!

I'm with Dant on the Henley subject. I thought I was the only one who liked those old songs. I kept it secret but NO MORE!

John said...

It is cool.

Dant: See, that's where you I differ. I remember the name of the bands. I have a hard time remembering the names of individuals in the bands unless they happen to be the name of, or in the nae of the band. Such as Bo Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull. Folks like that.



Heh heh, just kidding.

I don't remember the other songs that you mentioned though. I'll have to look for them.