Saturday, July 21, 2007

My supervisor

Hey everyone,



I just wanted to take a moment and tell you a little bit about the wonderful supervisor that I have at my shop. He is truly a phenomenal individual. Not only does he treat all of those that he supervises with grace and mercy but he is constantly teaching us and instructing us on more and better ways to do our jobs more and better efficiently.



He always has a smile on his face when he comes to work and he often brings us doughnuts and coffee to get our morning started off right.



As we work through out the day he is always there with an encouraging word.



"Good job"



"Such a fine product you are building, John"



"You make me proud to work here, John"



"John, you really look good in those jeans this morning."



These are just a few of the gracious comments that he has for us everyday.



Since I am a truck driver and not in the shop much except for Fridays and some Thursdays, I am not as lucky as some of the other employees who enjoy his special attentions every day of the week. Some of the other fellows will ask, "Are you working Saturday?" just for the opportunity to spend another day with this fine man.



I only wish that the rest of the world had a supervisor that was as kind and compassionate as mine. I truly believe that there would be less poverty, less war, less human suffering, and I am sure less unemployment.



His name is Donny...but we all call him a gift from God.



Thank you Donny...



and thank you God!







(PS. How's that sound, Donny? Sound good to you?)

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

You make bay windows?
I need a bay window.

It's so nice when a boss notices how your jeans look.