Saturday, July 21, 2007

Too Long

17 days. I just realized that it's been 17 days since I've posted anything. Life has just been too busy. It seems that I say that a lot. Oh well, at least life goes on.

Isaac and Sheila went down to Columbus last night where Isaac was admitted into Children's hospital in an attempt to get his diabetes under control. It has been progressing and his sugars are running around 400 to over 600. He feels fine, just that his sugars are way too high. they said that the insulin that he is taking could be dangerous for him if it's not controlling his sugars.

So I'm here with the rest of the kids for the weekend.

I have a toilet that needs fixing. Maybe I can get that done today.

A friend of mine would like me to go to the vet with her to see her dog that she admitted yesterday with Parvo. A little beagle puppy and they think she'll make it but my friend just wants her pup to know that she hasn't been abandoned.

Hana and Ben were supposed to take their drivers tests today to try and get their licences but I'm not sure that's gonna happen. Hana can't find her paperwork and Ben's been up all night reading the new Harry Potter book that he went out after last night at midnight. I doubt he'll be in any shape to drive for a test.

I have an appointment next Friday to get my first tattoo. The shape of Texas with the state flag colors inside it. Maybe I won't chicken out.

Backhauls have been slow what with the holidays and all. Got the Sports Illustrated load from Woodstock, IL to Dayton and Columbus, OH this week. If I call early enough I may be able to get that regularly. that would be cool. It pays good and it's a light load. Only 12 or 14000 lbs.

Sheila is getting her new knees on August 8th and all the work rearrangements are in place. She's been doing better lately as far as the pain is concerned but it still hurts pretty bad.

Apparently anyway. I keep telling her I don't feel a thing.

My black eye should heal fairly quick.

4 comments:

julie said...

I came to your blog today to ask where you have been and you had put up a new post...yay! I am sorry that you all have so many health issues to deal with...Isaac's is scary and Sheila's will be a long recovery. Prayers will be said for you and your family. Keep us posted about what is happening.

julie said...

oh, and John, you can have my number anytime...Tracy and I and our families are meeting in Weatherford on Thursday...so fun to see old friends.

John said...

Weatherford?! I have tons of family in Weatherford. Look for the State Farm Agency on Main street. David Ford is my uncle. I've got several cousins who live there. That's the general area where my dad's side of the family is from.

Mom said...

Glad to have you back, John. I've missed you and your funny blogs.
You have had your hands full! Hope Issac is better controlled real soon.
I have never regretted my knee replacement. It has definaly been worth the initial painful recovery period. Sheila will dance again.