Saturday, July 21, 2007

Trucker Language

Trucker's often speak in their own language. And I'm not referring to the language which causes movies to get R or PG-13 ratings. Here's an example of what you might hear between two truckers. Picture two drivers sitting at the diner counter carrying on a conversation.



Anything new?



Not much. I was running across the Buckeye yesterday. Called out for a hand to tell me which word was out at the coop. Big word was out. All locked up and nobody home. But there was a full grown sitting in the middle at the 11 with the porch light on and one in the Hoosier at the the 142 shooting my side. I didn't worry about the Hoosier full grown cause I was against the wall at 68. Even with a 475 Cat and 13 on the stick I was doing it all.



I was heading for the speed circle and was feeling the rumbles. I stopped at a choke n puke and filled up then went a little further for some go juice. Got to the speed circle and took the bottom half cause the middle was shut down for me.



I stopped at the flying hook at the 4 to catch my comic book up and get some shuteye. Had a lot lizard knockin about 3 wanting to know if I needed any company. I was cool, so I said no thanks.



A reefer had pulled in next door while I was out and there was no way for me to get back down so I headed out. I usually look for drop decks or skateboards as neighbors. Much quieter.



Got down the road a piece and a wiggle wagon had hit the get off for a quick whiz. Soft shoulder so he laid it down. There were two hookers and a county mounty trying to help when I went by.



It was a busy morning cause a little later every one hit the granny lane to let a meat wagon by.



Got to the big muddy arches that afternoon and had to get a lumper to hustle the load out. Needed that time anyway to let the comic book catch up with me. But there was no bedroom in the yard so I headed out for the next pickle park. Rolled in there with the jake on and growlin'. Found me a spot next to a wide load and drew the curtain.



Another day in paradise.



4 comments:

Anne said...

Does the translation come in a later post? I can figure some out some and guess at others, but comic book, pickle park and skateboards have me puzzled.

MarkEC said...

Very entertaining! I would be curious to know what those things are also Anne. And a wiggle wagon?

Mom said...

What? could you please repeat that in English?

AM Kingsfield said...

Yes, Please translate so we can communicate when a trucker asks us "what's new?"