Thursday, August 23, 2007

It appears that I am becoming a "once a weeker". Blogging I mean. But since this is supposed to be a stress reliever for me then I shall not worry about it. Cause I'm talented, I'm good-looking, and darn-it, people like me.

Sheila is doing much better. She had a visit with the surgeon this morning and I really, seriously, honestly thought she was going to hit him. Her arm was coming back for the wind up when some past parental guidance kicked in apparently.

He was explaining to her the angles that he said her knee should be able to reach. He was explaining this by grabbing her knee and bending it to where he wanted it. He told her it's ok to scream and cry, you won't hurt the knee. From the look on her face it hurt like hell.

After getting some blood drawn I took her out to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. Her first outing in two weeks. It was nice, just the two of us. She had some Ruby Mini's (mini burgers) and I had the Smokehouse burger. I'm on a diet so I only had one Smokehouse burger and some fries. Well, we did get some Wisconsin Cheddar Fries as an appetizer, but I kept the desert down to just one order of Strawberry Cheesecake, Ice cream and a Fudge Brownie Chaser.

I went grocery shopping saturday. Either I'm way too picky or...well, I'm way too picky. I was in that store for four hours. I just can't bring myself to pay more than $2 a pound for meat. It drives me nuts. Overall I did good. And after I got home and took some Valium everything was fine.

Preston went to see the Lion King on Saturday at the theater, or theatre, depending on where you're from, and apparently he had a good time. I asked him how he liked it and he said it was ok except that they had real people as actors instead of animals. What a bummer.

Tuesday morning we were expecting Noah to come back. 6 inches of rain in about 5 hours. It was really coming down. My brother-in-law's car was flooded out at the post office while he worked. A total loss. Water over the roof of a Saturn. the shut down the post office when water started rising OVER the loading docks. That's about 4 feet, folks. That was in Mansfield. Findlay, which is in Hancock county went under a level 3 emergency meaning if you were on the road and you were not a member of an emergency crew, you could be arrested.

Galion, where we live, didn't do too bad. A lot of water for about half the day but by 3 in the afternoon it was mostly gone. Here are some during and after pictures from my neighborhood.

This is between my neighbors house across the street
During the flood.
After the Flood

Closer look at ball field behind neighbors house. During

After
From the corner. My house is right behind me. During.
After
Down the street facing west. The road bends and follows the creek.
During
After
My house is elevated across the street. We had about an inch of water in our basement which is what we normally get in a heavy rain. My neighbor across the street had water chest deep in his basement. I couldn't believe how fast it was gone.

3 comments:

Mom said...

When I had PT after my knee replacement my mouth said things I didn't know my mouth could say. Big pain! But now it's 8 years later and I'm glad I had it done.
Sounds like way too much rain there.

Anne said...

I'm glad Sheila is getting better! Also glad the rain is gone. We can get a lot rain like that when hurricanes come up the coast, but we've been lucky this year so far.

AM Kingsfield said...

Are you sure you just didn't leave on that water cannon in your front yard?