Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Recipe

Since my wife has been down for a while the shopping and cooking has fallen to me. So I thought I'd cook a ham again. It's been a while. I usually wrap one in aluminum foil and then pour either 7up or Sprite over the ham and cook it like that.

I bought a good ham on sale last Saturday but forgot the soda. All I had in the fridge that might have worked was a bottle of Jose Cuervo margaritas. I thought what the heck. Give it a shot. Can't hurt.

FYI: A ham soaked in margaritas and then cooked is extremely tender but also has a surprisingly tart lime taste to it. I never thought about that as I was pouring the bottle. It was actually pretty good.

Try it. You'll like it.

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

mmmmmm
you got my sweet spot!

Unknown said...

Sounds very good and gosh, a guy who is an experimental cook (in a good way)-what a concept.