Sunday, March 9, 2008

I made it out

I'm sitting in a rest area outside of Lansing, MI and getting ready for bed. Got out of the yard with minimal spinning due to some great plowing by Paul at work. Thank you, Paul. The roads were fine by the time I got going and MI didn't get much of anything so it should be smooth sailing from here on out.

Finished an excellent book yesterday by Stephen Hunter called "Pale Horse Coming". I've never read anything of his but I really was sucked into this one. Seemed like every time I had the story figured out it would twist again. Guess I've got a new author to read now. Sheila had just finished Stephen King's new book "Duma Key" so I started that and brought it with me. I hope to finish it before I fly out Saturday. Don't need any more fines.

6 comments:

Mom said...

MI. Is that Michigan or Minnesota?

John said...

MI is Michigan. Minnesota is MN. Maryland is MD, by the way and Ohio is CYA!

Anne said...

and MO is Missouri and MS is Mississippi, and MT for Montana, but I can't remember Manitoba.

Unknown said...

Manitoba is MB, we just got back into the US and headed to MN, just to be headed back to NY and then PA. Gotta love trucking!

John said...

TX! Here I come!

Dtodd said...

Stephen Hunter is good if you're a guy. Very manly stuff like guns, and more guns. He's a movie critic for the Washington Post and definitely has a different style and viewpoint than the usual critics. Lots of fun.