Saturday, March 1, 2008

Got em

The tickets that is. I have purchased my tickets to Texas. Yeeeehaaaa!!! The tax refund came in just in time. I asked my wife if she was sure that I should go by myself and she said yes and you'd better buy those tickets today or that money is liable to disappear. So I'm off to Texas on the 15th of March. I took two weeks vacation and I'm gonna rent me a car while I'm there and spend some time driving around seeing family and friends. And yes, Julie, I'm coming to see you and Tim. I'll go to Fort Worth first for the party, then down to San Antonio to stay a couple days with my sister, back up to the Fort Worth area and visit with some cousins then out to Julie and Tims house, then back towards Fort Worth, and all this time it'll just be me in the car and I can stop and pee whenever and wherever I want. So THERE!

I had to go shoe shopping today because the only shoes I have are a pair of sandals, my church shoes, and my work shoes which I have been wearing all the time lately. The problem is my work shoes have steel toes in them and I figured that would probably be a real pain in the butt to try to get on the plane with those on my feet. You migfht read about me in the paper somewhere. But anyway, I've got to get online and find out what all I can carry with me. It's been quite a while since I've been on a plane. Long before 9/11 if I remember correctly. One thing I know that I'll be carrying with me is Dramamine. I don't fly well cause I like to look out the window and that just throws my stomach for a loop. So I take the big D pill and it really helps, plus it makes me sleepy so the flight goes faster. But not for the others seated around me. Word is that I snore pretty bad. Sorry bout your luck there, seat mate.

Sheila and I had a little culture in our lives tonight though. We went to the Galion Community Theater and saw a play. She wanted to go out and I didn't want to drive back into Mansfield or deal with all the punky people who wind up sitting in front of us at the dollar theater so we settled on the play. Plus a bonus was that two of the actors were friends of ours. We didn't get free tickets or anything. It was just fun watching them. The play was called The Foreigner. I think it was Alan Shue who wrote it. Somebody Shue anyway. It was a comedy and they did a great job.

So I believe at this time I will say goodnight cause I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Whoopee! Have a wonderful time and make sure to share your vacation adventures with the rest of us.

AM Kingsfield said...

I wish I could crash your party! You'll have a wonderful time!

julie said...

yay!! You're coming to see me!!! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I wish for you a safe smooth plane ride and warm sunny weather while you are there and many gas stations along the way....