Sunday, March 9, 2008

You been watching?

You been watching the news the last couple days? We got hit. Snow, snow and more snow. Yesterday our county was under a level 3 snow emergency which means that nobody except emergency personnel is allowed on the roads. If you're caught out there then you could subject yourself to arrest. We hunkered down and just waited it out. It was a nice day to be inside.

This time next week I will be sitting in Arlington, TX enjoying a church service with a bunch of my family, and getting ready for my grandfathers' 95th birthday party. Unless they get a freak cold snap or some snow. Then I'm going to Florida. Or at least South Padre Island. I've already warned everyone. If there's cold weather, I'm gone.

I got the kids out there shoveling this morning. Many hands makes short work. Or something like that. Seems like I ended up "showing them how" more than they actually did though. When your snow is this deep there's something about having neat paths that just calls to your spirit. Maybe I'm just anal.

Now I'm tired and don't feel like blogging. Maybe later today. The bacon is thawing on the counter waiting to be cooked for lunch and I'm waiting for a call from my boss letting me know that the shop is plowed enough so I can get my truck out and head out tonight. If I can get out of Ohio I should be fine. Have fun.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Maryland only got rain, fog and wind. It was hard to see, but who needs to see where you're going anyway?

John said...

That's what I keep saying!