Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update

Why is the wind stronger on the front edge of the storm than the wind after you're in the storm proper? Just wondering. I worry about high wind when my truck is empty.

Clarification:
My wife told me first off that the docs said she had cancer, they just weren't sure which type and all that. Now she tells me that they aren't 100% sure it is cancer but they think it is. Still testing. See how she lies? Thanks for all your concerns though. All will be well and all manner of things will be well.

The radio in my truck is acting up. It turns itself on and off about every 2 seconds. Flash on. Flash off. It's only about 2 months old. Maybe they'll fix it in a couple weeks when this puppy goes in for service. Good thing my wife thought ahead and bought me that Ipod. Maybe they can put in a radio with a hole so I can plug into it.

The weather has been great until I hit this storm at Columbus. Nice sunny weather. And hot too. The only problem with that I can look right down into the passing cars and all the ladies without air in their cars are trying to keep cool and it's not helping my thoughts stay on the straight and narrow, so to speak. Oh well. Life goes on.

I was asked to be...the truck next to me just got hit. A driver trying to back into a spot and his passenger side back corner, which he can't see, hit the parked truck on that side. Looks like there may be a fight. I'll let you know.

Anyway, I was asked to be the entertainment for the annual Foster parent appreciation dinner. I reused the blog posting about COPING that I did here earlier and they loved it. I would have used a power point but we didn't have that kind of access. So I used one of those big paper pad you put on an easel. They loved it. Had em rollin'. Our boss was a little worried though when I started out. She didn't realize my sense of humor ahead of time I guess. I could see her eyes widen when I mentioned the handcuffs.

No fight. He's got his trailer axle too far forward. Makes the rear end swing wide and that's why he hit the other guy. It's happened to me before. Same exact thing. Then the guy who hit me didn't know it and drove off to find an easier place to park. He found one in the middle of 5 empty spots and it took him 15 minutes to get it between the lines. That's a guy who shouldn't be driving. When I told him he hit me on the other side of the parking lot, he asked why I didn't honk to let him know that he was about to hit me. That's when I almost hit him. I was in the bunk, curtains drawn, eating dinner. I didn't even know he was there til he hit me. Some people.

That's it for now. I think I'm gonna pick out a movie and kick back. Since there's no entertainment outside the truck, guess I'll get my own inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things will get straightened out with your sweet wife. It is a series of this and that and then the waiting. It's the waiting that sends one into orbit. Prayers for all of you. Continue to keep us posted.

We have super high winds over our way; glad you ain't truckin over here. I didn't know about prices being higher if you used a card...hmmm.

How'd the car wreck go? :^) Taking bets?

Anne said...

I'll have to ask my dad about the winds, I don't know or remember why.