Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fast and Furious

Well, here I am again. I feel like I keep falling behind on this blog. I wish I could write more but I just don’t seem to find the time.
I bought a new (new to me anyway) laptop from a friend after she replaced hers and I figured I’d be able to keep up more. I’ve got a wireless card with it but I don’t have WiFi yet so this week I mostly spent trying to hack into secure sights around Chicago and Milwaukee. I was not successful. Ben told me to look for a red X painted on the corner of a house, which is supposed to indicate free wireless in the area. The Chicago police were not happy with me driving around the downtown neighborhoods with my big truck looking for red X’s. I tried to explain but they really thought I was looking for some other things that usually come in red. Big Misunderstanding.
My daughter bought a car. The same daughter who does not have her drivers license yet despite being 20 years old. But she bought a car. It’s sitting in my driveway as we speak. (Are we speaking? Well, you know what I mean.) Meanwhile, I park my vehicle on the street since hers is without tags at this point. She bought a little Geo Metro. It’s bright yellow. Curiously, it’s the same color as the golf cart that my neighbor is trying to sell. Maybe she should have bought the golf cart, except that it was more expensive than the car.
I lucked out on this last trip north. Racine, WI got hit with 70 mph hour winds and the truck stop where I usually park had two trucks get blown over while they were parked. The International dealer lost their big sign to the wind and it crashed on top of two brand new trucks. I was running about 3 hours late due to traffic in MI and so it was over by the time I got there. Thank You! Thank You! How would you like to be taking a nap and realize that your room has just turned on its side? That’d ruin your day.
Hana called last night while I was in Chicago getting my backhaul loaded and told me she was taking my wife to the ER. The pain in her knees had just gotten too bad and she couldn’t take it anymore. I’m 400 miles away, my wife is crying in pain, my daughter is crying in frustration and fear, and the 6 yr old is crying cause he doesn’t want to go somewhere else for the night. I was frustrated because there was nothing I could do from where I was except talk Hana through the whole ordeal. And next is a night of driving to Indianapolis to unload at 9 am. They drugged Sheila with some pretty good stuff, dilaudid; believe me, very good stuff, and she slept all night and all day. I was up all night anyway so I did her stressing for her. I’m home now and she is much better. She just pushes herself too hard, past the point that her knees can handle at this point. Good news though is that she believes that she has found doc to do the replacement surgery. Maybe in August.
Good news. Hana and Sheila went shopping Saturday while I stayed home with the kids. Hana bought about a hundred bucks worth of clothes at a clothing store and then they went to Wal-Mart. Whilethey were in Wallie world allof Hana’s new clothers were stolen out of the car. She was so mad. Said she felt violated. I believe it. Well, the police called yesterday and said they caught the females who stole the clothes when they tried to return them to the store for a refund. Hana will get all her new clothes back on Sunday. And this after Sheila took her shopping again already to replace them. She deserved more clothes anyway so all is well.

3 comments:

julie said...

Can anything else go wrong? Maybe I won't try to answer that.

Mom said...

Wow! Life has not been boring.
I have had one knee replaced. the first month of recovery was hard but the results were well worth the pain. I've hiked the glaciers of Alaska on a pain-free knee. Hope Sheila gets relief soon.

AM Kingsfield said...

Glad you missed the wind. Sometimes traffic jams are a blessing.

I hope Sheila gets new knees soon!

I've never had my "backhaul loaded."