Saturday, October 20, 2007

On My Way Home

I left yesterday morning and started out from Rachel, NV. Good thing they fueled my truck. the gas station in Rachel is closed. For good maybe. But the Little A'Le'Inn was open and so I swung in there, picked me up a coffee and an ET Danish, talked with Pat and Connie for a bit, and headed out.

Actually had a drive on the Extraterrestrial highway (NV state route 375) and saw a weird bus with no markings turning up some dirt road headed straight out into the desert. Looked like the "51" folks were headed for work. There were a few "ET" watchers lining the highway with their high tech camera's, but our government has a lot better high tech stuff so they weren't getting too close.


Took the ET highway into Warm Springs and looked around. The bath house was closed but I was able to jump in the hot springs themselves. Apparently folks do not appreciate bathing au natural.


I took RT 6 into Ely and stopped at the Cell Block Steak House for lunch. Got me a little nap and headed out for Salt Lake City. I got into Salt Lake and figured with all the sitting around I'd been doing I could use a little exercise. So I found this walking tour and started out for a stroll. It probably would have been better if I had actually gotten there during the daylight hours. But it was a nice stroll nonetheless. Saw some beautiful architecture and one amazing building that had some pretty cool looking angels with trumpets on top of these really tall spires. Looked sort of like a church or something which is what it turned out to be. Went inside and heard these folks practicing. They didn't sound half bad.


Got back from my stroll, had a snack and headed for bed. Looked like it was going to be a long run home. But I figured since the government was paying my mileage home I might take a few side trips on the way.


Got up early and headed out stopping in Evanston, WY for breakfast at Billy-Bob's Cowboy Chuckwagon. All this good food wasn't too great for my heart so I figured I would slow down some and maybe make some shorter days out of it.

Left Evanston and headed out towards Rawlings, WY. I had heard there was some pretty cool stuff to see there so I figured I would check it out. Te rumors were true. But that will have to follow in the next edition. I will try not to take so long next time. Have fun and stay tuned for more fun from the road.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like an interesting ride, but, uhm, why did it take two weeks for this post to show up? aliens?

John said...

Two weeks? Isn't this October 24? Am I missing some time again? Man, I hate when that happens.

Anne said...

Where did you put it? Look next to your keys.

Or in the fridge.