Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quickly part 2

I'm back. the guards came.

Where was I? Bright star. Right. Or Right? heh heh.

I see this bright star in front of me and after a while it actually appears to be getting brighter. Must be a plane or something. I keep my eyes on it. It's definitley getting brighter. not a lot bigger but brighter still.

Now it looks like a bright ball. A lamp light. And then there's this big slam in my trailer. The back of my trailer jumped in the air and scared the crap out of me. Not literally, thank goodness. Nobody else on the road behind me so I hit the shoulder as fast as I can. Which is pretty fast since my rear end is now dragging the ground. (I know, I know). I mean the rear end of my trailer.

I get to the back of the trailer and there is a huge hole in the back door about the size of a basketball. Edges all burnt up and twisted so that it looks as though something burst out from the inside of my trailer. I wrench the doors open and near the front of my trailer there is a similar hole in the roof. I only have two windows in the truck and they're at the front so they are undamaged but the metal is glowing hot and there is a small trail of something burning on the floor of the trailer.

I run back to the front of the truck, disconnect the air and electrical lines, drop the landing gear, pull the king pin, and yank the tractor away from the trailer. I get about fifty yards away and then come back to the trailer. No sense burning up the tractor, right? heh heh.

I dial 911.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"I think my truck was just hit by a meteor or something. Or would that be a meteorite?"

"What's the difference between a meteor and a meteorite?"

"Actually, I'm not sure. Does it matter at this point? My trailer is burning."

"No, I guess it doesn't really matter. What is your location?"

"I-70 westbound. Mile marker 81. About 20 miles west of Effingham."

"Ok, we will have someone there shortly. Is anyone injured?"

"Not unless someone was riding the meteor. If they were then thy're probably beyond hope"

"Did you find the meteor?......or meteorite?"

"No, and let's just stick with meteor for now until we hear otherwise. It's easier to type."

"Type?"

"Never mind. I'll go look for the thing."

I get back down the road and about a 1/4 mile back I find a big furrow in the shoulder of the road ending in a hole in the ground. Asphalt has been blown everywhere and the hole looks pretty deep.

"What do you see?" It's the lady from 911.

"I'm not sure. I can see pretty far down in the hole and it looks li

3 comments:

Anne said...

and it looks li

WHAT!!!!!!

MarkEC said...

Ah... the lost art of the cliffhanger! Sitting here on the edge of my seat... waiting...tense... can't wait to learn the answer... is it meteor or meteorite? ;-)

Mom said...

I just know it's evil aliens come to take home a perfect example of the human species. good bye.