Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Texas Trip


Some pics from my trip to Texas. More to follow.

My smart, smart Dad. Got an A in Greek in his college course last semester.


My smart, smart mother. The Master Gardener.


Uncle David thinks, "Let's see. It's me and John for supper. I wonder if four chickens is enough. Probably if I add grilled vegetables, grilled sausage and some of that left-over brisket.

Granddaddy Ford says, "Boy, when I'm shelling pecans you leave my CD player alone. Now turn that Van Halen back on. Make sure you start it at "Hot for Teacher"."


My Aunt June. "I hope no one notices I forgot to put the saffron in my potato salad."


Uncle Lloyd and his new bride Sue. "See those pants he's wearing? He thinks they're reversible."



I guess she's Aunt Sue now. With my Granddaddy Ford, Mom's dad. "If she touches my cake I'm gonna run over her foot."

What do you call the daughter of your father's cousin, other than beautiful, I mean?

Uncle David's wife, Aunt Bess. It's her black convertible I was driving. One of the sweetest women you'll ever meet. Mom didn't want to take the car cause it was so nice but Bess said, "It's just a car. take it and have fun. That we did. Cops never caught us.


My nephew Luke. Think we bear some resemblance?

Aunt Donnie, Dad's sister. "Hey boy! You take one more picture of me and I'm gonna bust a cap on you.


Uncle Lloyd and his new bride, Sue, again. "I told him I'm going to Italy. With or without him. You only live once, right?"

10 comments:

Mom said...

You are blessed to come from a long line of love.
Did I tell you that i love your mom and dad?

Unknown said...

I loved being able to see pictures of your family you wrote about. You can see the love radiating from every shot. You are blessed in deed!

John said...

I am very blessed indeed. Mom and Dad love you as well, Mom. I told mom that you read my blog sometimes and she was interested to know how you both were doing. They would love to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Love the captions. They all look like wonderful people and they apparently are smartasses like you which is always an appreciated trait, in my view.

Unknown said...

Hope that didn't offend...

John said...

Didn't offend all, Greeny. It's a trait that I cherish and work hard to maintain and develop. Sadly, not all my family agrees or is blessed with a talent such as mine, so I therefore sometimes find myself putting words in their mouth. Or at least under their pictures.

Heh Heh.

Anne said...

love the captions!

father's cousin's daughter is your second cousin, dummy.

John said...

Dummy?! My aren't we a little testy tonight. Well, then would that make my fathers cousin my cousin and a half?

kimmyk said...

Hi John, I just wanted to say hi since you appear to be a neighbor of sorts. I live in Central Ohio. I've only lived here four years but I think your Galion is close to me, yeah?

Anyways, I'll definitely pass along the email.

Oh yeah, your family looks very sweet. Especially your granddaddy. I wish I had a gramps.

John said...

Not sure where you are KimmyK but Galion is about halfway between Cleveland and Columbus, west of Mansfield about 15 miles. Thanks for the comment. They certainly are a sweet family. Best one I've ever had.