Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Printer

I just got off the phone with Peter.

Peter lives in the Philippines.

"I didn't know you had any friends in the Philippines." you say.

"I don't," is my response. Peter works for HP, the makers of my new printer.

The new printer that I bought that wouldn't install properly and that I could not get to install, and the fellow at HP who lives in Toronto, whom I spoke with last week could not get to install, but at least got the printer part to work, although the scanner and copier would not, and mailed me a new installation disc that was supposedly a newer version, which I received in the mail this week and used and ended up with no printer at all after using the installation disc.

Peter got everything working by remote accessing my computer.

My computer has been mating with another in the Philippines.

Bad Computer!

It all works now though. Printer. Copier. Scanner. I guess I shouldn't complain about my computers stamina.

Two Hours, fifty-six minutes and 10 seconds.

That's the length of the phone call.

I guess my computer wasn't ready to quit.

Good Computer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up.
I say it's a good thing you've got stamina, not the computer.
Sometimes technology bites us in the arse. Thankfully, you've had an 800 # and time and now a working printer.

Mom said...

I sleep with my IT guy. I get better service that way.

John said...

Greeny, I try. That's all I can say is that I try. Well, that's not true. I could also say something about how to get stains out of boiled pot but nobody really cares about that, now do they?

Mom! What would your children say?!

Anne said...

Mom!

Unknown said...

Hehe! Mom!(feigning mock surprise)