Thursday, April 10, 2008

She's home!!

I'm sound asleep, at home for once, at 5:13 this morning and my wife nudges me awake.

"John, look who's here."

I drag myself up from the depths of somnolence and try to sit up in bed. Who the hell is coming in my bedroom at 5 in the morning? Emergency situation comes to mind.

Then I see her. She's holding in her arms my baby girl, Lucy. She's been missing three weeks now and finally comes dragging home. Actually she came dragging in to my sister-in-law's house about an hour before, barking at her back door. Maybe she couldn't wake us with her barking. Sandy bathed her up and got a hold of Sheila. (I never heard the phone).

She's got quite a few scratches on her and she's limping on her hind leg, but she's home. She burrowed under the covers to the foot of the bed and promptly went to sleep. I'll take her to the vet this morning and have her checked out but for now...my baby's home!!

Grown men can cry, you know.

5 comments:

MarkEC said...

John, that is great news! Wish she could tell us her adventure.. probably would make a good Disney movie. Yes, grown men can... um.. get something in their eyes! ;-)

Mom said...

How very good to find your Lucy. Like Mark I would love to hear her story.

Unknown said...

Oh, happy DAY! That is fantastic.
Would you want a pregnant cat too?

AM Kingsfield said...

Wonderful! Hurray!

John said...

Thank you all.

Greeny, I'll pass on the cat.

Mark and Mom, From what the vet has said, her story wouldn't be very happy. She's in prety rough shape. She'll make it fine but she's been through some tough times.

I'll blog on it.