Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just waiting

Just sitting here waiting to get my backhaul.

Greeny asked why the handle on the toaster in my last post was tied down in the first place. I thought that was clear. I order to make the pop tart burst into flame. That's just something men do. I takes us back to our childhood when fire was that all consuming interest. Obviously before we started noticing that girls were all nice and curvy. Then the fire...well, let's just say it changed form.

Last night I learned how to make Mt Dew glow in the dark. Take a bottle of Mt Dew. Pour out all but about a 1/4 inch, add about 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 3 capfuls (CAPfuls, NOT CUPfuls) of peroxide. Shake and serve with fireworks and sparklers. There was a video and it sure looked like it worked. I'll try it when I get home. I'll let you know. Who knows, maybe I can get rid of the lamps in my house.

Had a flashback last night to my tour bus days. (Driver, not band member). Get this picture, and remember this is pre-9/11 too. I'm taking a coach full of folks into Canada, Toronto specifically, and we stop at the border and do the inspection thing. Going into Canada is like going to your mothers aunts house. They may not remember your name but they're glad to see you. Now coming back into the US is more like trying to sneak late into English class without an excuse. "Where were you? What were you doing? Empty your pockets. Why is there a mustard stain on your tie." You know how English teachers are. And Border Patrol folks have NO sense of humor.

Anyway, we had fun in Canada, came back through Niagara Falls area and stopped at the Border. The Man gets on the coach, asks a few folks for ID, asks a few about their citizenship, and then comes to me. Maybe I should just carry a sign with me that says, "Don't take anything he says seriously". The Man asks me "Where'd you go? How long were you there? Did you bring anything back with you?" . And I answered, "Toronto, 3 days, dirty underwear." I should have noticed his frown at the last answer but I forged ahead.

Next question, "Are you carrying any guns?"

MY answer, "Well, how many do you need?"

The mattresses in the cells at the border crossing are very very thin. And quite uncomfortable if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, good advice on the Toronto border folks. Next summer (09) the class my son is in is going to try a trip and we need that kind of info.
You need to document your trial Mt. Dew experiment and then post it here, got it?