Friday, January 25, 2008

Slow

Things are slow at work right now, so much so that the company has enforced the no overtime rule. No overtime at all unless it's absolutely necessary. My run next week will take about 39 hours and that's just Sunday night through Wednesday morning. Friday is the first day of the pay week so I'm sitting at home right now. I miss the overtime. Sure looked good on the paycheck. I'm drinking tea to try to get my voice back. Nasty stuff. I hate tea unless it's iced, or the hot green tea in the Korean restaurant.

My dreams have been quite weird lately. Which worries me. Next week I'm going after the meds Chantix to try to help me quit smoking and that really whacks your dreams out. If they're strange now what will they be like when I'm on the psycho stuff? They start out fun but then deteriorate into strangeness. I would give you an example but there are some people who read this that might cut me out of their lives. Just cause you dream about something doesn't mean you're really that person. Does it?

Anybody know a really good driving job in Texas with good health insurance, three weeks vacation, paid holidays, 8 weeks sick leave, and provides the driver with a cell phone, laptop, ipod, and a mini bar? I am so sick of this cold weather.

I saw a quote the other day that said "Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." but I don't remember who said it. Sorry.

Did you know that if you put strawberry Pop-Tarts in a toaster and then tie the handle down on the toaster so that it cannot pop up when it wants to that eventually the Pop-Tarts will burst into flames? Pretty cool, huh?

I took Sheila out last weekend and we went to the Outback Steakhouse and to see a movie "Sweeney Todd; Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Two things. I remembered why I haven't been to Outback in a while. Good food but a bit more than I usually spend. Sheila, who drinks very very seldom, (or is it seldomly? help me out here AM) ordered the Wallaby Darned. "The Famous Australian peach Bellini. Tickle your tongue with this frosty combination of peaches, champagne, Smirnoff Vodka and DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps." She enjoyed it and was very fun to be with the rest of the night. The movie was alright. Not my cup of tea. I liked the music although I must say that I didn't realize how much music there would be going in. Some of the scenes were long and drawn out more than I thought necessary. My two oldest thought it was the greatest movie ever made. But then Hana's in love with Johnny Depp and Ben is just weird. Wonder where he gets it?

3 comments:

Mom said...

Once upon a time as I pulled up to my house, I saw two two big firetrucks and firemen running into my house with fire hoses. It was a bit unsettling. A poptart had gotten stuck in the toaster and caught fire. The flames caught a roll of paper towels on fire. Lots of smoke. Daughter # 1 ran next door and called 911. Those poptarts can be dangerous if left unattended.

Unknown said...

The biggest danger I have found in pop-tarts is they will burn the cack outta your tongue if you don't let them cool off before devouring them.
Why was the toater handle tied down in the first place???

Ah, Sweeney Todd. I want to see that very much. Yes to the music, yes to Johhny Depp, yes to the story line, yes to Tim Burton's direction, yes to a movie with a box of Raisinettes to myself.

Yay for Outback Steakhouse. Love the place although I've been to a couple that were less than mediocre.
I wonder if you both couldn't use a night out like that more often? Byob in the movie theater? Pass up the steakhouse or vice versa. $ is hard to come by nowadays so choosing what to do is sort of difficult.

Anne said...

seldom. It, itself is the adverb, so you don't have to add the 'ly' ending.

I like Johnny Depp, didn't want to submit myself to the gore.