Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lousy Weekend

My ear was stopped up for 5 days and finally had to go to Rapid Response to get it blasted out. I was trying to clean it and got wax pushed up against the drum. NASTY! I tried everything to get it out. Peroxide. Debrox. Ear Candle. Car Keys. Cork screw. Comet. Cat. Nothing worked. Finally gave up and let the pro's do it. Now I've got the creeping crud and I can't talk. But at least I can hear now.

The weather is warmer which means the snow is melting which means my yard is a mud farm again. I think I'm gonna replace all the grass with stone of some kind.

Apparently I wasn't very nice to my wife yesterday. She pointed it out to me and I apologized. You know, when you're feeling rotten, it tends to leak over onto the others around you. At least that's the way it is for me. I didn't even realize I was doing it. She forgives easy though.


I think she should go to work for the IRS.

4 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Sorry you started the year clogged up. I've heard of that ear candling, but never had the nerve, or motivation to try it. I hear some folks swear by it.
I've never tried the cat for that though!

Mom said...

Cleaning out nasty ears was my least favorite chore as a nurse. It is one thing I don't miss doing since I retired.

MarkEC said...

It always good to let the pros do some things.. it must have taken them a while to get all those things out! How did you even get there with your car keys stuck in your ear? Hope you are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

You must be on the mend...