Saturday, February 16, 2008

I spent all day today at the church announcing the Upward basketball games and while I was there I had my laptop set up so I could try to keep up with my blogger friends. But my verizon signal was so bad I was waiting minutes for pages to change. So I slowly poked around the web during quarters. I don't actually call the games. I just introduce the players, play music and talk during the breaks.

Anyway, in my perusing I found out that my e-file had been rejected again. I had pretty much assumed it would be but I was still irritated. I had the one page open that explained why it was rejected and I just kept staring at it.

Then the light bulb hit. The name didn't match the number on form 8839. So. Big deal. It said that last time as well. But SSA says they match. I went back to the personal info page of Turbo Tax and changed the last name when I first got this message figuring governmental paperwork is not going to match the speed of a family heart. His name changed at home long before the bureanuts will make it official. Form 8839 it said. Form 8839. OHHH. I see. FORM 8839. I waited patiently for pages to snail through their changes until I was able to look at Form 8839 in it's actual realness and low and behold, there it was. It appears that when I went back to the personal info section of TTax and changed his name back to what SSA is expecting TTax changed it there but not on Form 8839. So I have one kid with two different last names. I made the change.

I e-filed again. Monday I should know if a fifth time is the charm.

Sometimes I miss my pencil. Anne, I really really do.

3 comments:

Mom said...

It is hard to remember what all your kids names are, even if they haven't changed names recently
Hope you plan to spend all that money wisely.

Unknown said...

In all my years in government work, I never did get used to all the hoops they make you go through with the paperwork. Enjoy the refund, you earned it!

Unknown said...

Yay! What a load off. I bet it's fixed.