Thursday, February 14, 2008

My taxes have been e-filed with Turbo Tax 4 times as of today. Three times they have been rejected. All for the same reason. They say that the Social Security Administration does not have the same name and number for our newly adopted son. We have checked all the records that we have and I have even called the SSA and all names and numbers match. The only thing the SSA said was that the name had to be complete as in the middle name spelled out. I said cool, I can do that. I go back to Turbo Tax and find his name, go to edit, go to middle name, spell it out, look up, only middle initial is showing. Seems Turbo Tax won't let you spell out the middle name. I e-filed again anyway in some vain hope that it might go through this time. Probably not, but then who knows. If not I guess I'll print and file and mail it this year. I was hoping to get my refund quicker but oh well. Life goes on.

3 comments:

Anne said...

For that very reason, i hate technology! good luck

Mom said...

You're getting a refund! Whoopee!

Unknown said...

Yes, luck on the taxes. I cringe when I do my own.
Glad to see you around.