Saturday, May 5, 2007

Here we go

And we're off! I have been encouraged by an old friend to write a blog and since I think quite highly of her I have taken her advice. So if this doesn't work out, blame her.



I was noticing the other day that the hair on my knuckles is grown back. Maybe I should stay away from the barbecue grill this summer and let it grow longer. I've seen guys with handlebar mustaches but I've never seen anyone with handlebar knuckles. I seriously doubt I would succeed in avoiding the grill once the weather warms up. I love those country style ribs way too much. So bring on the bare knuckles. Sounds like a rock band, don't it?



Being a truck driver, I'm sorry, I mean a professional freight relocation engineer, I have quite a bit of time to notice things around me. Some would seem obvious in reflection and others may be surprising.


  1. Old men drive convertibles more than women do.

  2. A black car is more likely to be driven by a young man.

  3. A red car is more likely to be driven by a young woman.

  4. An SUV or a minivan is more likely to be driven by a mother or middle-aged woman.

  5. A car with more than one color on it's body and a bar with flashing lights on top is more likely to be driven by a police officer and he or she is more likely to not have good news for you.

  6. A horse and buggy is more likely to be driven by an Amish person.

  7. A car with a large number of dents is more likely to be driven by my daughter.

These are just a few of my day to day observations.


2 comments:

Anne said...

Welcome to blogging, I'll be coming back to read more. Please post photos from the road! I'd love to take a virtual freight relocation trip with you.

John said...

I'll do my best Miss Anne. In the meantime, you have fun.