Saturday, May 19, 2007

Long Night


My son, Ben, is graduating from high school this year and the only thing he asked for for graduation was for us to allow him to use the house for an all-night video game party. We said sure and ran for the hills. Well, last night was the party and actually it's still going on. There were a couple of adults who work with the youth group who stayed the night while Sheila and I went on to bed. I got up this morning about 6 and they were still going fairly strong for the most part except that the host of the party was asleep on the couch as was his little brother. He rearranged the living room and had six TVs with video game systems all attached. (This pic was taken about 11:30 this morning as the party was winding down.) There were kids playing Halo, Halo 2, Guitar Hero 2, House of the Dead, Gears of War, Risk and some watching movies. Actually I was surprised nobody woke me up with the noise. I had forewarned them all that the party did not go outside. Ben had a couple teens from school that he invited that offered to bring some beer and pot. Ben said they could if they wanted but when they got here he would call the police on them himself. "You can do that in your house if you want but not at my house", he told them. I was pretty proud of him. Overall it seemed like it was a fairly fun night for them. Actually, I played a little Guitar Hero myself and seemed to hold my own for a while. Maybe, just maybe, I'll go back to bed. Oh yeah, my in-laws are coming today from Virginia. Yeah, I'll go back to bed.

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Cool party. My son would have loved it. No one was playing "World of Warcraft?"
Did you ever see that South Park?

julie said...

I want to see pictures of your kids...it has been too long. I remember getting a Christmas card from your family and wondering whose baby was in the picture with your kids...it was so funny when I realized that the baby was yours...it had just been too long.