Saturday, May 26, 2007

Utter Ramblings

Exhaustion top the list. I am tired and my feet hurt. Spent all day yesterday loading trucks, pushing windows across the floor. Old fat truck drivers are meant for sitting, not manual labor. I was sweating like a stuck hog. Now isn't that a pretty picture.

Read in the paper this morning that one of my friends from church is dissolving his business relationship with his partner and going out on his own. His partner goes to church with us as well although I haven't seen him in a while. Hope there's no big problems there. It's got me a little worried.

Long week. Left Sunday evening for Grand Rapids, MI and didn't make it. Got about 3 hours from GR and just ran out of steam. Spent the night in Ottawa Lake, MI. Got up the next morning and went to GR and then on to Chicago. I had 5 stops to make in Chicago but due to the late start I only got two done before I decided to go on to Milwaukee and get those windows off before Monday was over. Parked in Racine, WI at 830 Monday night. Got up at 5 and went back into Chicago and got the other three stops done and was out of town and headed back home by about noon. My usual backhaul was already taken when I called the broker so I came home empty.

Got to Mansfield about 7 pm and loaded all the windows for the Thursday run to Pittsburgh and headed out again. Got about two hours down the road and went to bed. Up at 7 and on to Pittsburgh where I made those two drops a day early. All this running around so I could go with Sheila to Columbus on Thursday to a Dr.'s appointment regarding her knees. I was back home Wednesday about 6pm and went to the house. Had Praise practice at 730 and crashed at home at nine. Up at 6 to get kids ready for school and get ready to leave town. The rest of the day was nice. Just me and Sheila in the car easy driving. A busman's holiday, you might say.

The doc says he agrees that she needs the knee replacement surgery but he is a arthritis doc and doesn't do the surgery. He referred her to another guy. I offered him an extra twenty to tell the ortho doc that he had to do the surgery. He turned me down. Oh well. So now she waits for an appointment to see the ortho doc. Maybe she can get in before Christmas.

I took her to Cracker Barrel on our way home. The nice thing about her knees being in bad shape is she can't shop for long. Lunch was $736.29, or so it seemed.

Thursday and yesterday the heat was pretty bad and I hadn't gotten the air conditioners back in the windows yet. I've been waiting for all the snow to melt first. Looks like I waited too long. My wife gets quite grumpy when she's hot. Of course she's hot when the temp is at 65. At least we don't fight for the covers in bed. She throws them off and I pile them on.

Be right back.

Ok, I'm back.

My doc says I need to quit smoking so now I only smoke after sex. I'm down to half a pack a day.

Everybody else in the house is asleep except Isaac and Preston and they're both grounded from the computer so that's the only reason I'm on here now. It's like a war zone for the chair. "Can I get on? Can I get on?!" We hear that more than any other phrase in the house.

Got two new tires on my truck this week. Actually they're used tires. I went to check my front ones and cut my hand on the inside edge. Not a good thing when steel is showing. Guess my front end is out of alignment. I will make no comments at all about my rear end. thank you very much.

I've never bought a house but this fellow probably wishes he hadn't bought this one.



The house is stirring and I have to get to AM's response. She tagged me. I think she may be sorry for that. Seven things about me. That's gonna be fun. heh heh.

No comments: