Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Revenge

My son wrote this short essay on Revenge. I was amazed. He has captured all the emotions that I went through over the past few years. I only wish he had written it about 10 years ago.


I am Revenge.
I am Revenge. I am motivated, innovative, and can take any form. I am a retaliation against wrongs committed. I will show all of your enemies the pain that they showed you. I will bring murderers and rapists to their knees. I will help you mete out punishment as you see fit. I will allow you to judge all those you deem wicked. I am viewed a friend by the downtrodden or abused. I am more than I promise you. I promise you peace, yet I give birth to war. I promise you justice, but I will only grant you more pain. I promise you life, but I will kill anyone I deem fit. I promise you joy, yet I will leave you with the waking nightmare that you have become the same as your enemy. I cloud your mind, twist your motives, manipulate your thoughts, and crush ideas of forgiveness. I can dwell in the minds of many while fostering anger carefully in your mind. Tainting otherwise clean hearts, I instill a burning desire to act upon hellish impulses. I transform saints into devils incarnate. I stifle any good intention or pure motive that you have ever held. I wound both you and your offender equally, though not always in the same way. I bring temporary bliss while I hide the emotional suicide that I am pulling you towards. I give you the illusion of satisfaction, while leaving a desire for more pain. I punish those who are innocent, kill those who are blameless, and torture any who believe that I am the answer. I am degrading to all involved. I am a blemish, a stain on the canvas of your life. I crush your hope for a bright future. I will make you leave your dreams behind as I force you to chase after an illusion of justice. I cause death, debt, broken hearts, and blood to stain your hands. I am always pushing for more pain and anger. I am the dirty little secret. I am the last punch thrown. I am a shot in the dark. I am a long pursued grudge. I am the darkest manipulation of the heart. I am Revenge.
Amazing. He scared me with his insight.

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is awesome.How old is your son?

John said...

He's 18 and heading your direction for college in July. He's gonna go to neumont University in Dulles, VA. He's a great kid. Had I been that good at his age I would have sved myself a lot of hassle.